Locke Lord will host the Connecticut Bar Association CLE program presented by the Privacy and Cybersecurity Committee on Wednesday, March from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm. Alex Cox, will serve on a panel that will discuss the New CT Data Privacy Act (ECS230301).
Learn your obligations under the Connecticut Data Privacy Act (CTDPA). Connecticut was the fifth state in the country to pass comprehensive privacy legislation. It is set to take effect on July 1, 2023. Presenters will discuss who is subject to the law and who is exempt, business obligations and consumer rights, enforcement of the Act, and how the CTDPA compares to privacy laws in California and Europe.
You Will Learn:
• About the Connecticut Data Privacy Act
• Who is subject to the Act and who is exempt
• About business obligations and consumer rights
• About enforcement of the Act
• How CTDPA compares to privacy laws in other jurisdictions
There will be a 30-minute networking session for in-person attendees from 5:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. The presentation will begin at 5:30 p.m.