Taking a Fresh Look at E-Signatures, E-Delivery and E-Contracting: A Complimentary webinar on the basics of remote document execution
Wednesday, April 29, 2020
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm CT
Companies are searching for alternative ways to have a wide range of documents (internal and external) signed safely under the new safe-distance rules and while dispersed. Join Locke Lord for a complimentary 60-minute webinar that will cover the basics of e-signatures.
Topics will include:
- Are e-signatures recognized in all states? What are the exceptions?
- Can promissory notes be signed using electronic signatures?
- What are various forms of electronic signatures? Can an email suffice? What about a recorded, “Yes, I agree?”
- How do you prove who signed?
- Can electronic signatures be notarized?
- Are images created by my smart phone electronic records?
- Is an image of a signed document effective?
- How can we electronically sign an image without having special tools or without having to print the document?
- What are the regulatory compliance and evidentiary challenges?
During the workshop, we’ll share the answers to these questions and more and leave plenty of time for Q&A.
Locke Lord has been advising clients on effective, compliant, enforceable e-contracting processes for more than two decades. Presenting will be four members of our Technology, Media & Telecommunications Business Technology group: Gregory Casamento, Brian Casey, Patrick Hatfield and Thomas Smedinghoff
This program is pending approval for 1.0 hour of CLE credit. When registering, please specify the state from which you would like to receive CLE credit.
Click HERE to Register for the Webinar.