Locke Lord’s Privacy & Cybersecurity Newsletter provides topical snapshots of recent developments in the fast-changing world of privacy, data protection, and cyber risk management. For further information on any of the subjects covered in the newsletter, please contact one of the members of our privacy and cybersecurity team.
In This Issue:
- Third Party Service Provider Cybersecurity Management: The (Not Quite) Last Requirement of the New York Department of Financial Services Cybersecurity Regulation
- HIPAA Enforcement Update (January 1 –December 11, 2018)
- Drone-Related Cybersecurity Risks Abound Both in the Air and on the Ground
- The GDPR – Some Troublesome Aspects and Misconceptions, Part II: Confusion Around Marketing and Consent
- California Consumer Privacy Act: A Priority for 2019
- California Takes the First Step With IoT: Will the Federal Government Follow?
- Biometrics: Illinois Appellate Court Potentially Revives “No-Injury” Lawsuits Under the Biometric Information Privacy Act
- New Ohio Data Security Law Offers Safe Harbor; May Signal New Trend
- WM Morrison v Various Claimants: Employer Vicariously Liable for Data Protection Breach
- Dittman v. UPMC: Pennsylvania Employers Have a Common Law Duty to Exercise Reasonable Care to Protect Employee Personal and Financial Data
- Enforcement of the GDPR in North America – The Experience So Far